Translate

Sunday 28 September 2014

29th of September

Its getting hot here really fast, we have had afternoon storms and its looking like a very warm Summer ahead should be good for growing maize and sweet potato which is exactly what I am looking at doing. The Bananas have produced monster bunches and I think its actually a plantain allegedly a sweet plantain?

My ducks are growing well and I thinking I might get my first eggs in a month or so fingers crossed. The drakes wings have sorted from the taping which is great.

I have pulled the radish and harvested about 5 or six kg of each variety I grew, the black Spanish are extremely spicy the watermelon radish are sweet and great in salads.


My Spanish onions are starting to bulb nicely ready for harvest in a month I would think

The elephant garlic is doing well and I hope for some big bulbs by December.


Today I turned the beds back over gave a good hit of dynamic lifter and organic phosphorus pellets and planted out some maize.

No comments:

Post a Comment