Translate

Monday 21 April 2014

Lucerne bale no dig bed.

When I was a small child my mother and pop had a garden bed started from lucerne bails they spread out and let decompose into rich compost. My mother and father still talk about how successful the garden was and dad has mentioned that he went back to the house and said how the grass was still greener where the garden had been. So today we went out and bought a couple bales of Lucerne. I actually paid a little too much for them but it was good 1st cut quality not the twiggy rough stuff you get cheap late in the season. I also grabbed a few bags of stable horse manure and layered out a bed. Will be ready to grow in Spring I hope, I'll probably put a layer of mushroom compost and another bale of lucerne  on next week. I've netted it off to keep the dog out of it he loves horse manure, it will also help stop the lucerne from blowing all over the yard until it starts to break down
Can't wait for spring already.






No comments:

Post a Comment