Translate

Tuesday 29 April 2014

Back yard update three metre challenge and other bits and pieces

Well its finally starting to feel a lot like Autumn. The three metre challenge bed is hammering along with the red kale leading the charge, I will start harvesting bits and pieces this week.


 In other beds the early purple turnips have gone gangbuster and we will hopefully start harvesting these in a couple weeks. Eggplant have proven to be very heavy producers this year, along with various kale planted earlier in the year the the three metre challenge plants. I am trying my hand at garlic for the first time this Autumn, not something I have attempted before as Brisbane's climate is not traditionally ideal for the cool weather crop. I have some plants up and we will see how they go.






No comments:

Post a Comment