Translate

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Backyard update.

The 3 metre challenge bed is starting to look great the kale has done very well and I am now starting to take a few leaves here and there for salads. The turnips I planted are growing but unfortunately I put them in a very nitrogen rich bed and they seem to be producing more leaf then tuber currently, but you like and you learn. I have built a couple more lucerne beds and they will be ready for planting for Spring. I put a layer or horse manure in the middle and top them off with mushroom compost and another layer of Lucerne. I have a few projects for Spring so getting my beds built and in order is priority for me over the next couple months. In the mean time I will be cooking some interesting dishes with Kale and doing some pickling with turnips and radish.
                      The 3 metre challenge bed so much kale the kids are not happy.
                                         Turnips more greens then root = too much nitrogen.
                                         Older kale and cabbage loving the cool change.

                                             White eggplant flowers
  

No comments:

Post a Comment